As you continue to formulate ideas about the aviation impacts and importance of density altitude, read this: https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2017/06/20/the-science-of-why-its-too-hot-for-some-planes-to-fly-in-the-southwest-u-s/?sh=246199ce54ce covering a recent density altitude-related event.
You will begin a rough draft of your training document. The document should be a summary of the answers to the following questions, which address the important aspects of density altitude:
- What is a practical definition density altitude – one that would clearly explain the concept to a general aviation pilot-in-training?
- What are the main factors that affect density altitude, and what changes in each of those factors cause the density altitude to increase?
- What are the hazardous effects of a high-density altitude on aircraft performance?
- Is density altitude only an issue at high elevation airports? Explain.
- What season of the year is density altitude generally highest, and what time(s) of day during this season arehigh-density altitude conditions most critical? Explain.
- What should be the precautions taken, and preparations made, when planning a flight in high-density altitude conditions?